Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chapter 1: And There Was Much Rejoicing




Tamira, Jamie and Magic Cat arrive at their new home home in Dragon Valley.

Back in their native Lucky Palms, Jamie, a budding scientist was often mocked by his peers for his interest in alchemy and elixirs. But here in Dragon Valley, where dragons and unicorns play with fairies and werewolves, that won't be a problem. Jamie will be free to pursue both hard science and mystical potion brewing without ridicule from his peers. Though some of them might snicker behind his back for his funny round ears and rather dull shade of red hair.


The new house infested with insects and weeds, which must be taken care of immediately. Tamira, expert critter catcher, goes after the bugs, while Jamie, the gardener, takes care of the weeds.


The moths get swatted, the roaches get stomped, and Tamira even finds a few keepers among the butterflies.

(It's at this point that I discover that Tamira has lost credit for all the critters she caught toward her LTW in LP. She also doesn't get credited for the insects she catches as part of this move in challenge. I'd be upset about the loss of credit, except now that Jenn has corrected me and told me I can pursue LTW objectives even if my Sim doesn't directly wish for them, Tamira's LTW will be a breeze, even having to start over here in DV.)


Magic loves the new varieties of foliage previously unavailable to him in Lucky Palms.


Jamie wastes no time in stripping down to his favored inappropriate outfit to make a salad.


Then it's down to the basement to mix up some potions.

Don't you think you should wear some protective clothing?

"Nope, I'm good."


Later, he goes up to the office to make inappropriate forum posts. Well, I guess doing that in your underwear is acceptable.

What are you posting?

"I'm posting on various game forums asking where I can find weed mods, making sure that I post everywhere except in the WCIF section."

Okay, just don't follow that up with a request for a poop mod...

"How did you know that's what I was going to do?"


Tamira interrupts the inappropriate forum trolling with a Be Frisky interaction.


"Are you sure you don't want to do this in bed?"

"Into the shower, Lancaster. Nao." Yep, Tamira takes after her mother.


Gratuitous pet spam for your viewing pleasure. Magic has the playful trait, so he's always having fun. Magic was sadly already in the elder stage when he and Jamie joined the household, so he probably won't be around very long. 


Jamie is off to work first thing the next morning, leaving Tamira to explore the town alone until her shift at the theater starts later in the afternoon. She wants to be good friends with someone, so she begins socializing with one of her new co-workers, Siobahn Murphy. They have lots in common, like being flirty, party animal virtuosos, so they strike up an instant rapport.


Siobahn is a charismatic Gemini. Tamira explains that her family oriented trait comes from her being a Cancer.

"It will be hard to party all the time once you start popping out lots of kids," Siobahn observes.

"Are you kidding? I grew up with three sisters and my dad threw parties all the time."


Dragon Valley comes with a bunch of premades who are already pregnant. Chloe O'Reilly has chosen a maternity outfit that is both strangely appropriate and inappropriate for this setting.


It's a parade of pregnant women dressed like fairies. Except, the actual fairies here don't dress like this either.


After becoming besties with Siobahn, Tamira wants to learn elixir merchant John Fallon's sign.


John is a Scorpio, which is totally compatible with Tamira's Cancer.


"You know what they say about Scorpios," John says suggestively, "Sex all the time."

 Except for the fact that you're chained to that register 24/7.

"I've never done it with a werewolf," Tamira giggles.

I've turned all the role NPCs into weres or fairies so they'll live longer and not be replaced by puddings for awhile.



"So, do you have a boyfriend, baby?"

Tamira remembers she's family oriented and lives with her boyfriend. Who is also a Scorpio.


Here, by the way, is the shopping center I added to Dragon Valley, called The Fortune's Folly Mall. The lot, originally Chipping Simsburg, by SimmyRN at MTS, was built with rabbitholes hidden underground. I took out the rabbitholes, since DV has its own, and changed the shops into an elixir shop, a consignment shop, and the outbuilding has an alchemy station and gem cutting machine. I also put a fortunteller's rabbithole rug on the lot, and changed some of the landscaping and doors and windows. And, I added a garden in the back with alchemy ingredients and a couple of bee hives.


By the time Jamie's shift is over, Tamira's has started. And poor Magic's social is the red from being left alone all day.


Magic rolls a wish to meet a new pet, so, we adopt one, a grey tabby kitten called Mystery.


My fear that I will now have two cats with social bars in the red is quickly allayed as Magic shows his delight in having a new companion to play with.


"Do you seriously have nothing better to do than watching me bathe?"

No, I don't.


This poor Catalina Macaw got caught in a rainstorm. It's much more warm and dry in Tamira's back pocket.


A wish to buy a music box sends Tamira to the consignment shop, where she also unloads the bird she just picked up.

Martin Eames is telling Sookie Stackhouse, uh, Suzie Stackholme, that Aquarians are great humanitarians, even when they aren't exactly human. Astrology is apparently the hot topic in DV.


Even though 'try for baby' is set for non-autonomous in woohooer, my Sims keep finding ways to to try for baby with no input from me.



Jamie is worn out from the exertion of trying for a baby, but Tamira still has some energy left.


So she burns it off by dancing in her underwear in front of the shamefully uncurtained windows. *cue Aunt Estella meme*


Other things of which Aunt Estella would likely not approve: going out in your underwear to pick up shiny rocks to use in your potions. 

Well, at least he took an umbrella.


Tamira decides the Agama Lizard is a keeper, and names him Brock.


Tamira works on her wish to to gain a skill point in guitar by playing for tips at The Kilted Dragon Coffeehouse.


Jamie needs some valerian root and the plants in his greenhouse haven't produced yet, so he picks some from behind the elixir shop. He wonders how Tamira would look in one of these fantasy-medieval-cheerleader dresses the local girl are sporting.


He satisfies his wish to buy something worth over $250 by picking up  potion he hasn't learned to make himself yet, a potent skill booster. Drinking it upgrades his handiness skill from 1 to 3, satisfying another wish.


You don't actually have to wait for a wish to buy a Bonehilda, but I forget she exists until Jamie wishes for one. So, yay, we now have a skeleton main to clean up the cat vomit in the office that no one else will touch.


Try for Baby was apparently successful. Tamira wishes for a girl. 

Bonehilda in the background, disposing of cat vomit. 

And there was much rejoicing.


Jamie's a good boyfriend and gives her the massage she wishes for. He also rolls a wish to marry her. He doesn't have any gender preference for the baby.

I want to wait to see if she rolls the marriage wish, too.


Bonehilda likes to have fresh breath and a sparkling smile.


Who knew a dead snake could leave such a mess? Sadly, Crimson, our original Malayan Krait snake, passed away. He was quickly replaced by a Scarlet King snake named Jin.


Jamie running off to his carpool in the morning. I feel kind of bad for him, his Night Owl trait means he gets a -10 moodlet whenever he gets up before 10am, which is every workday. SP put him in the science career back in LP, and I kind of like the combination of science career with psuedo-science alchemy hobby. Once upon a time, alchemy was considered a real science, even Sir Isaac Newton dabbled in it. But nowadays, not so much. Of course, the bits of alchemy that were scientific and based in reality, like the creation of explosives, got folded into modern chemistry, while the other bits, like discovering immortality potions and turning lead into gold, are only real in Sims

"You know, my colleagues in the 'real science' community are all obsessed with cross-breeding robots with fishes, and are in no position to judge alchemy as a serious pursuit."

That's a very good point, Jamie.


Tamira, on maternity leave, continues working on her wish to gain a guitar skill point by playing at the Ren Faire.


She comes home at the same time Jamie gets off work, and rolls a wish to marry him.

And there was much rejoicing.




I'm sure Tamira, as a party animal, would have loved a full on formal wedding party, but they don't have enough friends yet, really, and there isn't a good day for one before the baby is due. So, quickie private wedding. The couple take the Lancaster name. (Back in LP. SP married Tamira and Jamie the night after they moved out, and gave the couple her last name, Gandharva. Since that's the legacy name in Lotus, I decided to use Jamie's last name for this legacy.)






28 comments:

  1. As long as no one eats Robin's minstrels...

    Great kick off post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks bigger here... Maybe they will all fit.
    (*chants* Quads, quads, quads, quads...)

    Loved the dig about weed mods. Now we know who's writing them ;)

    And, love the parade of pregnant women dressed... Well, I'd say appropriately, tbh. I don't think the pigtails will fit, unfortunately. But, maybe it's a craze here too?

    A baby and a wedding in the first chapter, eh? I guess this will be a fast generation! Can't wait to see the baby! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got a captcha that said "Varanza Espilodus" - Magic words? LOL!

      Delete
    2. The house is big enough to hold maybe 6 kids. But if I want to have Tamira and Jamie stay on with the next gen heir, I'll need a bigger house with two maser suites.
      I am looking forward to my firt party, since the downstairs rooms are small, and I'm imagining the queue stomping where everyone rushes to woohoo in the bed at once.

      LOL, I couldn't resist a reference to the 'where da weed at?' posts on MTS. Jamie is obsessed with inappropriate posting on forums, he does that whenever I don't have anything queued up for him.

      I haven't seen any pigtails yet, lol.But the fairy maternity wear is the hot fashion. It looks better in DV than LP, for sure. But even here, those women tend to dress more medieval and less half-naked fairy.

      Jamie and Tamira did get off to quick start. I really do have tfb turned off in woohooer, but something is overriding it. They get around it anyway.

      I'm might have to use Varanza Espilodus for a witch spell. =P
      Also, that sounds like it could be a song by The Mars Volta.

      Delete
    3. No but, I want to use it. Wahh.
      Jk.

      Though I'm excited for this legacy. Dragon Valley is the BOMB. And - dragons! Dude, dragons make my life complete.
      I'll be staring at you now until you buy one.
      *stare*
      ---*should read next chapter just in case but no*

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Kunabee!
      I'm glad you are excited for this. There will be a dragon. I was kind of hoping they'd roll a wish to find an egg, but since they haven't, I'll go ahead and buy one.
      So, not in the next chapter, but I should have one in the next update, I think.
      And then I'll get to see if they interact with the egg autonomously or roll wishes to talk to it. If they don't, I guess I'll get whatever color dragon the game wants to give me...

      Delete
    5. Actually I have played with the dragon a bit. They don't roll wishes or go autonomously.
      I think red is the default but I don't know, I've always forced my sims to interact with the dragon eggs, ha ^^;
      They don't roll wishes about the eggs AT ALL actually, which is pretty disappointing. Or at least I haven't seen it and I've been playing with DV since it came out.
      Oh well, maybe it'll be updated with this next... update xD

      Delete
  3. aww fun start. I'm glad they are settling in nicely in DV. Congrats on the baby on the way and the wedding. Can't wait to meet the newest member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jazen!
      I'm having fun in DV. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby, too.

      Delete
  4. So THATS who was spamming the forums a few days ago...

    Love the look at Dragon Valley and its great seeing Tamira and Jaime happy and starting a family so easily. I suck at the wishacy cause I get bored of my sims never wanting babies. How did you get the "horny" hidden trait?

    (Also am I the only one who keeps reading his name as Jaime Lannister?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, that was Jamie.

      I'm really glad to have a reason to play DV. I got it for the clothes and props, but I'm having fun with town and its inhabitants, too.

      Woohooer is all it took for my Sims to be crazy horny. And since I can't always direct them to do stuff, they just choose to woohoo. If you have tfb on or high chance of successful risky, you'll get babies even if they don't wish for it. It probably takes some of the challenge out of it, but it does make it more fun.

      You aren't the only one, I noticed it the first time I saw him in LP. I'm waiting for an opportunity for Jamie to say 'A Lancaster always pays his debts' but I doubt I'll get it, lol.

      Delete
  5. OMG Love Monty Python

    Somehow, I have a hard time imagining unicorns playing with werewolves. >.>
    People in DV look kinda fugly to me. ijs. That's why I couldn't let myself give Lorelei that weird green skin.
    If he wants to make a salad in his undies, I ain't stopping him!
    LMAO at inappropriate forum posts.
    OH NO! He's one of THOSE!!! Well, I've been guilty of that a few times. I limit myself tho.
    Yes, it IS strangely inappropriate and appropriate at the same time. DV is weird. Hard to find the fantasy balance for me anyway.
    You stalker... watching him in the bathtub. Oh well, guilty. *raises hand*
    You know, I'd like to see a dragon wearing a kilt. I mean in dragon form. Tho, the other could be nice too.
    You mean Tamira isn't going to go around in the more 'fashionable' maternity wear like the ladies in town?
    *gets little flag thingy and goes 'yay'*
    I wonder what minstrels taste like. Hm.
    Yep, alchemy morphed into chemistry. Plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty Python rocks. =D
      You don't have to imagine, just play a Sim werewolf and go out nd night and find a unicprn, lol.
      I like the DV Sims. There are a few fuglies but some are quite attractive. I do use a replacer for the skin tones though, that makes them less bright.
      Jamie does everything in his undies, lol.
      DV is weird. I'm not too worried about finding a balance though, since my wishacy is farce, I can just roll with the weirdness.
      I named that coffeehouse after a brewery whose logo is a dragon in a kilt. Just google Kilted Dragon if you want to see.I did actually consider kilts for the dragons in Summerdeam when figuring what they would wear in the prehistoric era.
      LOL, no, regular maternity wear for Tamira.
      Minstrels taste like chicken.

      Delete
  6. Oh my! It looks as though life in DV is going to be a lot like life in LP. Lots of woohooing and inappropriate clothing! lol. Woot for Shayleigh's outfit making a cameo! *snort

    Those two better be careful! Too much more of their public nudity and they might give Aunt Estella a heart attack! Though I'm certainly not complaining about Jamie's choice of attire. Yum!

    And I must say that's probably a really good idea to give the NPCs alternate lifestates. I swear all of mine die off every other day and I've finally given up on fixing them all. In fact, the character NPC will never been seen in my story again. He disappeared the day after I showed him. *facepalm

    Yay for baby and marriage right off the bat though! WTG Tamira for advancing the wishacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wherever Sims go, there they are. They don't change with their surroundings.

      I love picturing Estella flailing around my wishacy towns. So inappropriate! So disrespectful of their neighbors! Estella needs her own meme, a picture of her wagging her finger and frowning that says 'Aunt Estella Disapproves!"

      I'm having issues in LP with the NPCs dying off and not even being replaced. In DV at least fairy and were register jockeys makes sense. Insofar as anything in DV makes sense. =P

      Tamira got right on the legacy train. Sitara has not been as cooperative, lol.

      Delete
  7. Great spin off and fist chapter :) I had to smile at the maternity wear esp. the one where it looks like she's naked with a vine tat or something. I might have to check the setting on woohooer in my game I still have to make them woohoo they don't do it on their own. It's good to see a story in DV been kind of curious about it myself and only have money for one pack or world. I can't wait to see what the little one looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Whit!
      I have a lot of fantasytype outfits like that vine thing for my fairies in Summerdream. And I get a laugh when tey show up on regular neighborhoods. Well, DV isn't a normal town, but the vine thing is kind of weird even for their standards.
      DV is fun. I bought it for the clothes and props to use for my Summerdream story, but once I got it I also wanted to play the town itself. It's really pretty.

      Delete
  8. So much fun! I loved how well it crossed over. Tamira is quite the flirt isn't she? Can't wait to see the little baby. Dragon Valley seems like it is really fun, but I'm not really in the mood to spend a lot of money just on a world. I may once the price goes down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! Tamira is very flirty.
      Dragon Valley is really pretty, but worlds are pricey. I got this one mostly for use in Summerdream, but it's been fun to do a wishacy here as well.

      Delete
  9. This is so funny! I've never read a wishacy before, but this is really interesting. Your pictures are really good. I didn't realize that those outfits were maternity enabled. I'll have to play Dragon Valley again!

    I love that they both rolled the wish to get married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisies! I'm loving the wishacy chllenge. My Sim tories are usually very plotted, staged and posed, which is great, it's fun to use Sim to tell a story.
      But just for fun gameplay, I love this because you really can't decide anything for Sims, you have to go with what they wish and what they do autonomously.
      Dragon Valley is really pretty.
      I was happy they both rolled to get married too. =D

      Delete
  10. Yay for moving to Dragon Valley. Of course it is common knowledge, but THIS is my favorite EA world. I love the atmosphere of it, the buildings and architecture are neat, and there are some great looking sims that live there. I adore Sarah Dolan (I think her name is)---she is so cute. Her daughter will be making an appearance in one of my stories soon. =)

    I love the name "The Kilted Dragon Coffeehouse"---darn, I wish I were as clever with names, lol

    Jaime really is cute. <3 Their baby is sure to be adorable! Tamira is serious about her role as heir, already expecting and the story barely started! You go Tamira!

    Did I read that comment right? They can pursue their LTW without a direct wish for it? *crosses fingers* I hope so! That would make my life easier---when I get back around to the Wishacy I started but have been too busy to play. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DV, too, and I'm really enjoying it.
      Cool, I look forward to seeing Sarah Dolan's daughter in your legacy.
      I can't take credit for The Kilted Dragon, it's an actual brewery. I just love the name.
      Tamirais so far ahead of her sister Sitara back in LP, I'm still waiting on her to get going on the marriage/babymaking.

      That was what Jenn told me, but now buckeygirl has corrected that. So, you do have to wait for wishes to do things for the LTW. I'm thinking I might need to change Tamira's now, since I did go and catch a few animals for her when I thought that was okay.

      Delete
  11. I am slow to the party. ROFL. Wow people in Dragon Valley dress exactly as I thought they would. Mm Jamie doing everything in his underwear, me like. LOL. Hmm with that rule, how many LTW actually get fulfilled besides the career ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I have a ton of stories I still have to catch up on or get started on. =D
      I love the weirdness of DV. And Jamie in his underwear.
      Choosing your heir's LTW is important, because you have to achieve it, s you have to pick one that's doable. The career ones are pretty sure bets. THe kill ones are good, especially if you pick traits that match the skills needed, like having Artistic and Virtuoso if they are going for the LTW to max painting and guitar.
      Their are some LTWs I would avoid in this challenge. Like Jamie's, I don't think he'll achieve it because they don't wish to use potions very often.
      The one for 5 kids is pretty easy (at least, if you have Family Oriented), and Super Popular...in my LP wishacy, one of my gen 3 spares achieved that pone while still a teen.

      Delete
  12. Just starting to read this, and LOL, it's so funny.

    For some reason Bonehilda brushing her teeth was my favourite pic LOL. Well, that and "you" stalking Jamie while taking a bath (not that I blame you, he's hot).

    Oh, and I agree: Monty Python rocks! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!
      Bonehilda was funny. She likes to keep her teeth clean.
      I'm a big Monty Python fan, and they get referenced a lot on this story.

      Delete