Monday, June 24, 2013

Chapter 3: Where Red Riding Hood and Her Grandma Live




Tamira picks up a Lilac Breasted Roller and decides it's a keeper. She names it Lilac (very creative!) and buys a cage for it. The office is getting a bit crowded with two terrariums and now a bird cage. But as long as Tamira doesn't go having quads on me, we can manage. *makes magical ward against Gemma's multiples curse*


Mystery while she's still a cute kitten. Because the cute kitten stage only lasts so long.


The first thing that happens when she turns adult is this.


Magic is an elder with only a few days left on his meter, so I guess he's living it up while he can.


Aw, cute kitty couple.


All that pet spam is just to cover for how boring Tamira's life during pregnancy is. She dances pretty much all day long.


"Did you just throw a grenade at me?"

"It's a skill booster potion."

*Tamira gains a Logic skill point*

"Hey, I was just wishing to improve my logic skill! Awesome!"


Jamie and Tamira both wanted a girl, but got another boy, Carey.


Magic just discovered he's going to be a father, too.


Tamira and Jamie get wishes to throw birthday parties for both boys. Tamira's first thought when the guests start to arrive is to drag Jamie up to bed.


MMMMichael McCarthy is here. Because he's Tamira's coworker and best friend, not because I'm trying to start anything with him. 
Really. 
What?


Carey is up for cake first.


Now there are two ginger ankle biters crawling around.


Faelan is next up. He picks up the Loves the Outdoors trait.


I go check out who is making woohoo music upstairs; it's Mason and Mary Stackholme. Mary choose that lingerie on her own, I haven't CAS'ed her at all. But I guess it explains how she got Mason to marry her on day 1 in Dragon Valley.


Downstairs, Morrigan O'Reilly backs away slowly as Jamie tries to talk to her about his feelings. That's a thing, btw, a new interaction that comes with the Brooding trait.


Another picture of Morrigan, because she my favorite DV resident. (Besides Michael McCarthy. And green-haired Dermot, standing behind her). I gave her witchitude.


Faelan is one of those kids, the ones that constantly autonomously go for the 'preside over royal court' thing. 


Red minus signs explode like fireworks. And that means someone's cheating.


It's Mary Stackholme, flirting with Conor O'Reilly. Mary, you have a cute husband, by DV standards, anyway. Whereas Mr. Pot-Bellied Male Pattern Baldness isn't cute by anyone's standards. Also, he's married.
Her husband, Mason, is in the background, strongly disapproving. Conor's daughter Morrigan keeps on dancing, oblivious to her dad's mid-life crisis issues. And Tamira wags a hypocritical finger at the cheater.

Why hypocritical?


Because, not two minutes later, she's out on the stoop flirting with Michael McCarthy.


"Quick, Dermot's coming. Talk about work!"


Tamira leads Michael out to the side of the house so they can carry on their conversation more privately. (Seriously, they just went off and took it over to the side of the house. I'm not directing any of this. If I were, there'd be less silly face and more kissy face.)


They've got a pattern of flirt-friendly-flirt-silly. And it's getting them nowhere.

(and I suppose I'm evil for encouraging her to go off with another guy at her sons' birthday party)


"Ha, I got this all on my camera. I'm posting it to PlumbBook if you don't pay up, McCarthy!"

Young Aiden McConnell is aiming to win 'Most Likely to Be Punched in the Face' when he graduates.


In case you're feeling bad for Jamie while his wife is outside flirting, he's inside trying to flirt with Guadalupe Shaw. 

"Eeew, no. Get away!"

Jamie picked the only lesbian at this party to hit on.


Once again, Jamie rolls the first toddler training wishes, right after the party is over.


Poor Carey has the coward trait, and Bonehilda terrifies him. It doesn't help that she stands in front of his crib staring at him for hours at a time.


How are you even doing that?


Magic and Mystery have a single birth, a little tom named Miracle.


Here's the house with  holiday lights.


And here's the new purple dragon, Morvyn. 

So, I bought the egg, and it sat around forever. I did set Retuner to make interactions with the dragons and eggs autonomous, but no one ever picked up the egg. And since the hatching timer doesn't get set until you have a Sim pick it up, I kind of bent the rules to have Tamira pick up the egg, because it was the only way to get it to hatch. After that I didn't direct her or anyone to interact with it all. We got a purple dragon, so I guess it's random if you don't direct Sims to talk about particular subjects with it.

Since then, Tamira has autonomously picked up Morvyn once to talk to him. I'm a little bummed you can't even place dragons on a surface, so he just stands (or sleeps) on the same spot on the floor all the time. I've moved him up to the bedroom now, and I'm afraid this might be the first and only time we see him, since he does nothing. Majorly disappointing.


Tamira and Jamie both want another baby. So off they go for some risky woohoo.


Right afterwards, Jamie falls asleep, and Tamira gets a call from Michael McCarthy asking if she wants to go on a date.

Who cares if it's after midnight, and she's exhausted from risky woohoo with her husband? Fuck yeah, she's so going to meet him. So she hops on her scooter.


And drives out to a secluded park on the butt end of nowhere. Seriously, it's out past the forest where Red Riding Hood and her Grandma live, past Robin & Marian's house, on the far side of Ness's Loch. And there's nothing here but a fishing pond and a bridge.

"So, Bonehilda just stood there for hours, even though there were dirty dishes all over the table. I thought for sure she was broken..."


Michael didn't come all this way just to talk about dirty dishes.

I start thinking about adding a photobooth to the lot. Or, hoping they decide to build an igloo and risky woohoo in it. Oh, I'd love for her to be pregnant and me not knowing who the daddy was! 


Nora McCormick, who just moved into town today, comes all the way out to the butt end of nowhere at 2am to express her disapproval.

"A photobooth here? How tacky?"

Hey, it was just a thought...


Yeah, well, my hopes for this 'date' get pretty much smashed to the ground and shattered into pieces. Even Nora is too bored to hang around and leaves.


3am: Tamira slips quietly into bed. Jamie never even knew she was gone.


Hey, Mystery, what'cha yowling about?


Oh.


Gemly!!!! *shakes fist* I guess the multiples curse you put on me did work. Sort of.

Meet the three newest kittens, Dandelion, Daisy and Thistle. Thistle is a tom, the other two are girls. And, no, I don't know which is which. With Miracle still being a kitten, that makes 4 little ones, plus the two adults.

*buys self cleaning litter box* 

*uses Magic's saved up points to buy never-emptying food bowl* 

*turns off autonomous tfb for cats in woohooer. What was I thinking?*

*replaces destroyed scratching post*

*replaces destroyed chair*

24 comments:

  1. hahahahaha so funny. Aww the kittens are cute. Being an elder he really is getting in the fun while he can. Man he hasn't missed a beat.

    Carey is adorable! Maybe next time they will get the girl.

    Bad Tamira's controller encouraging her to cheat on her husband. Bad bad bad (but hey some drama is fun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love kittens! Yeah, Magic did not wait long, lol.
      I am hoping for a girl next time.
      I know,I'm awful, But I can't make her do anything she doesn't wish for, so alk I can do is hope that when they do get together, some drama might happen.

      Delete
  2. Hypocritical is right for Tamira! Wow, she really kept that date! I bet that Sim who caught her out on the date will gossip. That would be so funny too! LOL

    The boys aged up to be adorable.

    Are they going to keep all of the kittens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that wasa bit hypocritical, but Sims are so clueless.
      As soon as she accepted the date call, she was out the door. The new date call things are really lame, they always pick some empty lot, you don't get a choice.
      The boys are cute,but I'm still hoping for a girl.
      I am planning on keeping the kittens, but that many cats might be a bit a much. So I guess we'll see.

      Delete
  3. LOL Tamira will have some splaining to do when her children ask why father moved to a different house LOL.

    So many kittens! My cat just birthed 2, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, if it ever gets that far. So far I haven't had any issues with Sims for just flirting, except that they get a little upset. Then they go right back to business as usual.

      I know, way toomany kittens right now, lol.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow...I still have yet to get my sims to auto woohoo...and I bet if she did woohoo with Michael and got pregnant it would be a very cute baby. Multiple kittens...hmm much like real life so glad you have the self cleaning litter box and refilling food dish. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohooer has turned my Sims into animals, lol.
      I think Michael would make cute babies with Tamira, but they just flirt once or twice between other interactions, so it's nit happening yet.
      I finally had to get the magical litter box and food bowl,I just couldn't deal anymore, lol.

      Delete
  5. SO MANY KITTENS AND ALL OF THEM IDENTICAL.
    Though I'm sad you stopped with the M-names. Worse comes to worse you could've started using human names, like Miranda, or something.
    Magic, Mystery, Miracle - and then suddenly Thistle, Dandelion, and Daisy. xD At least the triplet kittens have a theme.

    Also, more meme:
    http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/Kunabee/memetime_zps24c62a5f.png
    Magic has a ginger-haired partner. It's happening now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last litter are almost identical.ne has more of a white chin, but the other two are twins.
      I did think about sticking to the M names, but I just ran out of good ones. But I did stick to one theme for the three.

      Love the meme!

      Delete
  6. Oh no! Gemma transferred her multiples curse! That's awful! You should totally send it back, yo. The Mattells have been rabbits for generations now. It's totally meant to be!

    Yay for cheating fireworks! Oh wait. lol. I'm glad she got the date call though, at least somethin' is workin' with Purple Haired McHotness. And Jamie fliring with the only lesbian in town made me lol! Poor thing. To be the only one in town and get the most inappropriate flirt of all!

    Uh, you were thinking cats are cute? Or maybe you're just up for a little self torture. *pats arm. Hope they all have the quiet trait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma put a hex on me, lol.
      I've never hoped for a Sim affair than I have for Tamira and Michael. But I also love Jamie, so have no idea what I'm thinking. But, purple-haired babies...yeah. I'm also hoping some kids in this gen will pick one of Michael and Suzie's kids as partners, to at least get those genes.
      Guadalupe is the the only lesbian in town, but lucky for her she found a bisexual woman who is now her wife. So yay for them. But, still, Jamie hitting on her was awkward.
      Cats are cute! But so many of them cause pathing issues, lol.

      Delete
  7. Gemly!!!! *shakes fist* - HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
    Was sooo disappointed that Tamira didn't even have twins! And then you ended up with 4 kittens and I was happy :p hey, they don't need as much care as babies, so it's fine!
    I've rolled 4 kids next gen *SPOILERRRR*, so betting I'll have triplets followed by quads. Been waiting for something like that for ages. So far only been going over by 1 (and am on target this gen! Woo!)

    Is there really a Red Riding Hood in DV?!

    Loved Nora McCormick disapproving of the photobooth :p What a great pic that was, too!

    All that drama with the cheating!! Wow! If only Alvaro knew...

    I want there to be a paternity debate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittens don't need as much care, thanfully, but they are always in the way. Still, they are cute.
      I'd happily deal with twins if I could get a girl for once.
      Triplets followed by quads? I'd go nuts. But you are used to the crazy, lol.
      There is sort of a Red Riding Hood in DV, Sarah Dolan. It's a couple with an elderly woman, and the story says how the guy rescued her from a wolf attack. And she wears a red top with a hood, so it kind of suggests that story. And near them is Robin and Marian Hooley, lol. Robin is a thief.
      They all live on the far side of the map around a mountain, so Tamira went way out there for that date.
      I love Nora coming out of nowhere to make that face. But other than that, she barely reacted to them there. And then she took off.
      I didn't end up putting a photobooth, because it would have to come out of the family money if I did it in the middle of a date.But I do need to make more woohoo locations on community lots for these kind of occasions in Edit Town someday.
      I would love a paternity debate. I've never had one, I always know who the father is.

      Delete
  8. *Pretty bird!
    *LMAO @ the crack at Gemma!
    *cradle-robbing kitty!
    *Maybe Magic will get a girl since he wants one as well and kitties have multiples most of the time, right?
    *WTH is up with Morrigan's hand?
    *Looks up Michael's kilt and grins*
    *Alrighty then. I guess kitties CAN have only one. and another boy.
    *good name for a dragon. :)
    *Yay! More kitties! It's not Gemma's fault! It's cats dangit!

    What's that smell?
    cat

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Glad you're on my side ;)

      And yeah! I noticed Morrigans hand, or lack of, but forgot whose it was when I came to comment. What the hell? It's there in the picture after!! Just creepy.

      Delete
    2. I don't usually care about the birds, but that one was so pretty.
      I couldn't resist the crack at Gem.
      I did want Magic to pass his genes on, which is why I chose a female kitten to adopt. I would have preferred an adult cat, but my only choices were kittens an elders when I made the adoption call.
      I don't know what is up with the baby thoughtbubble on the cats,he wasn't wishing for any gender, or even having wishes at all about kittens. But I guess he must have known Mystery was pregnant.
      Morrigan's hand must have been the angle or some weird thing, I didn't notice in gameplay when I was taking the pic, and she has two normal hands, lol. But in that pic, yeah, it's just..I don't know.
      I love the kilts, lol.
      I was happy about the single kitten birth, thoughI kind of wanted two. Now of course, yeah, too many, lol.
      I couldn't resist naming my little dragon after a Summerdream dragon.
      I so want to be home so I can work on Morvyn's next chapter. It's in my head, and it wants out.
      I thought Gemmawould be happy her super fertility curse worked, sort of, lol.

      Delete
  9. Kittens!

    Morrigan is one of my favorites too! (She'll be in a future Kahekili update!) She is so pretty! I let her keep her short hair, but replaced it with a store short hair that I liked better.

    A lot of Kahekilis have the brooding trait, I originally gave it to Ethan, at the time it was a new trait, and now it gets passed down through the family. I usually random roll traits, I get some interesting ones that way! I have never seen a sim yet, act positively to the Talk about Feelings interaction. Sims don't care what the other sim feels!

    Michael and Tamira are not cooperating for you, lol Though that was hilarious what they chose to do on their date!

    The house looks so Christmasy---I love it!

    The dragons are quite disappointing, and at times my sims go obsessive over them for some reason, and then they stop for a while, and then they're obsessive over them again, and this repeats over and over! I have found though that when there is an egg on a community lot---the sims will autonomously go over to them and talk to them. Which starts the hatching process.

    Fun chapter, I look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kittens are adorable. But I'm going to go nuts with so many ofthem!
      My Morrigan never had short hair, I don't think. As a teen in my DV she had that medium length base game hair...you can see her wandering around the house in the party in the last chapter. When she aged up to YA I gave her a CC hair. I also made her a witch.

      I use random rolls too, otherwise I always pick the same ones. Iola in the Brannons has Brooding. Shadow likes it when she tells him about her feelings, lol. But, you'd expect that from Shadow.

      Michael and Tamira...I feel so horrible about wanting them to cheat. But I just want it. Of course what *I* want doesn't matter, she has to want it. But she never gets past a little flirting with him. And that one date, lol.

      The dragons really are kind of boring. They don't fit into my Brannon legacy, so I thought I could have fun with them here. But they don;t roll wishes at all for dragon stuff, and don't seem interested in autonomous anything with it. It's also sad the way it just stays in one spot. I wish we at least had a perch for it like the large birds have.

      Delete
  10. Where did you get Michael's hair? I need it for my Hetalia sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carlene. Sorry for the late reply.
      Michael's hair is by Peggy.

      Delete
  11. They pick the empty lot because if they do cheat, they don't want to be caught. *evil grin* Unfortunately, this meeting was interrupted by that one chick. LOL, Tamira. Maybe it's his purple hair that attracts her. Is Mike's hair Riain's hair from Summerdream? If not, it looks really similar nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, in an empty lot...they can't woohoo, lol.
      I know I'm attracted to the purple hair...for Tamira, she and Michael have like 4 out 5 traits in common, which probably helps.
      That is the same hair I use on Riain in Summerdream.

      Delete
  12. What isn't to love?? Bad Tamira... bad Michael.... heh.... I was sort of hoping too, but, oh well.... Would break Jamie's heart.

    ReplyDelete