Friday, September 6, 2013

Chapter 7: None Shall Pass



The mystery of who the father of Cara's baby is is quickly solved when Carey rolls a wish to read a pregnancy book. It's the only pregnancy related wish he will roll.


The orphanage, where Cara still lives, has acquired a kitten, who has followed her to Carey's house. Unfortunately for little Fuff, he can't climb the stairs up to the porch, so Cara has to go outside to socialize with him.


Carey follows her outside once he's done with his reading. Totally Preggers recommended lots of backrubs for the mother-to-be, and Carey is trying to be a good baby daddy here. Even though he's thinking about escaping to China.


Since we're outside, here's the house in the snow. It's still Autumn, but Winter is coming.


Across the street is an old circle of stones.


While Carey and Cara go inside to woohoo, Fuff runs off a deer.


After woohoo, Carey decides to some laundry (I love him for this), and Cara follows him out to the mudroom for a hug.

Carey is maybe thinking about asking her to move in? Maybe? So far, no wishes.


It looks like you have the bed to yourself tonight, Carey.


Fuff attempts to sneak up on Mr. Evil Gnome.


Since Cara was not officially invited to stay the night, she wakes up around 3am and takes off, so Carey is alone the next morning. First thing he does is start primping in the bedroom mirror.


Then he moves his self love (not self woohoo) into the bathroom. Then back out to the bedroom mirror.

Seriously, Carey, you aren't all that.


"Hey, Dillon. So, we're cool right? I mean, I haven't slept with your wife since high school..."

Carey rolled a wish to be besties with Dillon Lawless. Their friendship since childhood remained amazingly undamaged despite the fact that Carey slept with his girlfriend.


Later, Carey fulfills a wish to visit the Winter festival by inviting Cara to join him there. After a little whack-a-gnome and a greeting card photo, he invites her back home to fulfill his wish to watch the stars with her.


Their baby is due very soon. Cara has commitment issues, but she has marriage on her mind. Carey isn't so sure he's ready for this.


Then suddenly, as they're sitting together watching the stars, their asses getting wet in the deep snow, Carey is ready. He wants to marry Cara.


So he gets on his knees pulls out a ring from the ether (you didn't think he had on stashed up his butt, did you?) and proposes.


Despite her commitment issues and his cheater reputation, Cara says yes.


With the baby due any minute now, there isn't time to wait for a wedding or bachelor parties, so Carey follows the proposal with a private wedding in his backyard.


Cara brings Fuff with her into the family.


At dawn the following morning, Cara goes into labor. Oddly enough, she puts on her non-maternity outwear to go to the hospital in and loses her belly.


"No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition."


A few hours later, Desmond Lancaster is born. Carey, already late for work, rushes off to the office while Cara takes Desmond home. Desmond's traits are Good Sense of Humor and Perfectionist.


For a girl with commitment issues, Cara is awfully happy about being a new wife and mother.


Psst, Cara, there's no ring on your finger.




Some shots of the house with the holiday lights.


Carey asks Cara out on a date that evening, and she wishes to eat out at the restaurant. After their meal, they decide to build a snowman together.

Apparently they aren't the only couple out for a romantic evening. Behind the, Tina Dolan-Mithrilen and Sean Kelly are flirting it up.


They are both married to other people, however.


The town gathers to disapprove of this public adultery, some casting awkwardly sympathetic glances at Bret Mithrilen, the brother of Tina's husband.


"You filthy, cheating bastard," Cara points an accusatory finger at Sean, "I have commitment issues and I manage to stay faithful. What's wrong with you?"

"You've been married for one day, I've been married since the world began. I just wanted to taste a little strange before I turn elder." Sean explains.

"I declare you my nemesis!"

"Uh, what?"

"Nemesis!"

Seriously, Cara rolled a wish to make Sean her enemy after witnessing his adultery. Then she rolls a wish to fight him.


Carey stands idly by, repairing his friendship with Bret Mithrilen, which had grown distant since grade school, while his wife brutally assaults Sean Kelly.


"He, did you see the article about Dragon Age: Inquisition in PC Gamer?"

Cara is defeated in her struggle with her nemesis. But it still fulfills her wish.


Apparently Carey has a hidden 'vain' trait. First thing the next morning, he's at his mirror.

"Are you primping for Maggie?" Cara asks from the bathtub.

"I just like to look my best," Carey says,"I never think about Maggie anymore."

I can vouch for him, Carey has turned himself into a one woman man.


"How about a quickie before work?" Cara offers.

Carey would love to, but his carpool comes for him before he can make it to the bed.


While Carey is at office, Cara has one wish to fulfill, to visit the fairy arboretum. She decides to take Desmond along with her.

"I want the fairies to bless him."

Oh, yeah, no, have you not read any fairy tales? You don't want fairies involved with your kid's life.

Cara does not heed the warnings of the narrator, and heads out to the arboretum with  her infant son.


Snowman: None shall pass.

Cara: What?

Snowman: None shall pass!

Cara: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Snowknight, but I must cross this gate.

Snowman: Then you shall die.


"You're going to duel me with a broom? I don't think so," Cara says, and waltzes past the snowman.


There's no age restrictions on touring the arboretum, so Cara goes inside with Desmond.


"Again?" Cara sighs as she comes out a few hours later, only to be confronted by another snowman.

"Who would cross the bridge of death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he sees."

"Ask me your questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid," Cara says, not pointing out that there's not a bridge in sight, let alone of Bridge of Death.

"What...is your name?"

"Cara Lancaster."

"What...is your quest?"

"I have to get Desmond home. It's time for his bottle."

"What...is your favorite color?"

"Lime green."


"Go on. Off you go."

"Seriously? Do you snowmen have nothing better to do than troll people with Monty Python skits?"


Cara greets Carey in the evening with questions about the office. 

"Maggie got demoted," Carey tells her, "Aaron Finnigan took over as boss. And I got promoted to Filing Clerk."




Filing Clerk...that's her title. Cara misses work, but she also is wishing for another baby, which would mean more maternity leave. When she does get back to the office, Carey will be way ahead of her.

"I'm glad Maggie isn't holding anything over you anymore," Cara says.

"So, I have this opportunity," Carey says, "Aaron wants me to bring back some relics from China."

"You've been wishing to visit Shang Simla," Cara notes.

"Yeah, and now I have a reason to. Do you want to come with me?"

"I'll think about it."

____________________________

Carey has been nursing a wish to go to China wish since Cara was pregnant. And now he has a work opportunity to get some relics, so, there will be travel.

Weirdly, after Maggie accused him of cheating, Carey lost the romantic interest status her, Then it came back. Then  I got a pop up declaring that Maggie was no longer interested in working on this relationship and was breaking it off. Crazy much? At any rate, Carey officially only has Cara as any kind of romantic relationship, but he retains his cheater status. He has been good though, all his romance wishes are for Cara.

Cara has a wish for another baby locked in. Her LTW is the same as Carey's, to be CEO. I might have her change it, since it's boring like that. Though I don't know to what...her traits are Commitment Issues, Loser, Friendly...I don't remember the others, but none of them scream for any particular LTW.


LOL stroller fail

22 comments:

  1. Stroller fails happen all too often... LOL!

    Wow, action packed!

    Good for Carey making an honest woman out of Cara. Just in time, too!

    That date night... Wow! Who knew so many people in town would know that was a cheaty kiss? Love how Cara wanted to fight him, even though she was once a cheater :p

    Those snowmen... I was rolling haha!

    That stupid 'just married' soppy staring at hand thing... I have no idea why a sim with commitment issues would have that! Maybe her issues aren't with staying or being committed, but she's actually a couples therapist for those with actual commitment issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad Carey wished fo marriage in time for the baby, too.

      Everyone knows everybody's business in Sims. So you'd think they'd be more discreet about their adultery, lol. Cara's reaction to it cracked me up. I mean, she's not close with anyone involved in that affair, and suddenly she wants to be enemies with and beat up on this guy.
      I'm not sure he's qualified to be a couples' therapist, given her strong reaction to Sen Kelly kissing some girl...I mean would you want to take your commitment issues into her office, lol?

      The snowmen...when I saw the one right by the gate, I just got this voice in my head that said 'None Shall Pass' and I went with it. Then the other one outside the arboretum, yeah. Too funny.

      Delete
  2. aww congrats on the wedding. She is loving her new life even with the commitment issues. :)

    I really hate that EA doesn't give them wedding rings anymore. kinda sucks. :( The snowmen were funny and the house is very cute. Loved the shot with the lights.

    Can't wait to see Desmond as a tot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, jazen!
      I'm surprised by how happy Cara is to be married. she doesn't even do the whole fretting over commitment thing the commitment issues Sims normally do.

      I wish they got wedding rings, too. Because I'm too lazy to go into CAS and add one to all the outfits, lol.

      I can't wait to see how Desmond turns out, too. I want Cara's hair on my heir. =D

      Delete
  3. "No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition." ----> LOL

    "I declare you my nemesis!" ----> My, is she bold or what? Too funny.

    And the whole snowman interaction..., it was great!

    Congrats on their wedding and new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marsar!
      I am very inspired by Monty Python for this chapter.
      I thought it was hilarious that Cara just rolled a wish to be enemies with Sean like that. She even has the friendly trait, so mean interactions like that have the crossed out icon. But, she wished for it, and then to fight him...she's a very contrary Sim, lol.

      I'm happy Carey decided to marry her.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy I found your story of the forum page, I read all your chapters and it's really funny! The Monty Python jokes crack me up, yay for more babies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liv, I'm glad you found it too. I've started following your wishacy as well. =D
      I love Monty Python.
      I'm surprisedCara rolled a wish for another baby so soon, but she did, so there will be more, yay.

      Delete
  5. Awwww Fuff is really cute.

    And Cara is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuff is cute. fter I left Thistle and Mystery with Tamira and Jamie, I thought I was done dealing with pets. But I couldn't resist bringing Fuff in. He was actually named Bubba, but I had to change it. Fuff was what we used to call our cat Yang.
      I adore Cara, myself. Probably more than Carey, lol.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the heir! Love it! And the Monty Python Gatekeeper... I about fell outta my chair laughing! hubs came in wondering what I was laughing about and we're probably going to have to watch that tomorrow. Thank you! I'm all excited about it! =D

    Oh Cara! Silly sim. You're supposed to Push the stroller. lol. Her outerwear is so awesome, what a shame it isn't maternity enabled. Oh well. At least with that walk you still know exactly what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Monty Python jokes did kind of take over here.

      The funny thing is Cara did have a maternity outerwear she had on before, but when it came time to go to the hospital, she somehow ended up in her regular outwear. Except he gloves were red; they are black when she's not pregnant.

      Delete
  7. Hey there are alot of Mypal references in this chapter Yang! Desmond? Landcaster? hehehe! was that intentional???
    sorry for the short blorb... I have to get back to writing up the ISBI so tootles
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no actually neither was intentional. I didn't pick the Lancaster name at all, it comes from a pre-made family in Lucky Palms, Jamie is a born in game Sim from my wishacy in LP, a grandson of Lola Lancaster.
      And Desmond has always been a favorite name of mine. I honestly didn't even connect it to mypal's story until you mentioned it.

      Delete
  8. I'm all caught up over here finally. I really like Cara and Carey. Cute couple. I can't wait to see Desmond on his birthday.

    I get the same trouble with the romantic interest/no longer romantic interest/not interested in fixing a relationship that doesn't even exist anymore pop ups too. Very annoying.

    Fuff is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!
      I can't wait to see how Desmond turns out. I'm really hoping for a blue haired heir.
      The whole reputation is just insane!

      Delete
  9. ATTACK KITTY! GET THE DEER!!!!

    The 'Gnomish Inquisition'? Did you seriously just go there? /facepalm

    Desmond Lancaster .... LOL. Erin and Desmond would make a terrible couple.

    Cara thinks her hand is pretty. It has nothing to do with the ring... yeah...

    LOL at her and the adultery dude.

    Oh so THAT's who does the 'none shall pass'. Yeah... don't want fairies near your baby.

    You know what? You need to do the dead parrot bit. or... the 'resting' parrot bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did a video of Fuff and the deer. The deer literally backs away from this tiny kitten.

      No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition!

      Yeah, Erin and Desmond really aren't for each other. I don't remember if you said where Erin is from originally...she's not related to the Lancasters of LP, is she. Though considering that the two Lancaster women there come pregnant with the children of married men, I'm guessing Erin wouldn't want to admit being related if she was. =P

      I just want wedding rings back. I mean it's nice they give you the option to pick one, but I wish they'd throw a default one on there for lazies like me.

      The whole sean with Sean Kelly cracked me up so hard.

      Oh, yeah, the dead parrot sketch...I'm kind of done with small pets for now, but I may still fit in a dead parrot sketch somewhere.

      Delete
  10. LOL, um the stroller is supposed to be in front of you Cara. She is the strangest Commitment Issue Sim I've ever seen. ROFL. Clearly Cara doesn't know about Summerdream, fairies are O_O hahaha, always doing stuff. Mmm *faints from Carey's mirror shot* Potential CEO's have to look good, yeah? Hahaha. I liked the snowman thing, I don't remember much of Monty Python, but the questions to pass the bridge I did remember. LOL what's your favorite color, hahaha! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sims really don't know how to stroller.
      Cara hasn't really been showing her commitment issues at all.
      I'm one of thosenerds that can quote Monty Python. Which is why there are so many references in this blog.

      Delete
  11. hahaha snowman ;) at least he asked questions and she didn't need to offer up Carey as bigger and more filling ^_^

    ReplyDelete