Friday, September 20, 2013

Chapter 8: Can We Go Home Now?




Carey has a wish to visit China, and an opportunity to collect some common relics for the office to get a raise. So, he and Cara rush off to Shang Simla.

"Can we go home now?"

You just got here. And you're not leaving until you collect some relics for work.


"This website ays Shang Simla is plagued by serious routing issues. I wonder if our Watcher downloaded the fix for that?"

Your Watcher did, but forgot to reinstall it after the last ep/patch. But at least the dig site fixer mod is in place.

After fulfilling Carey's wish to visit the academy and letting him earn a belt in Sim Fu, I sent them off to find the relics for his opportunity. Done and done.


"Ooh, the baby sitter sent us a video of Fuff and Desmond! So cute! Maybe we should have waited for him to age up before he left."

"Time freezes at home while we're traveling, Cara. It will still be Desmond's birthday when we get home."

Yes, I sent them traveling on Desmond's birthday. I just wanted to get the trip out of the way and not have it interfere with any wishes to do the toddler training. 



After seeing a few more sights and buying incense, they run out of wishes I can fulfill here, so it's back to base camp to run on autonomy.


Cara has a new smartphone obsession. Carey works on his wish to be best friends with Dillon Lawless by calling and texting him relentlessly.


The real reason Carey wished to visit the Academy again, flirting with the locals. As usual, it comes to nothing.


But he managed to earn a few more belts, too.


When they start breaking the plumbing in the base camp, that's pretty much my signal to leave.


I'll let them get their woohoo on first.

So, I didn't document much of their trip. Travel in wishacies is a little spotty depending on what they wish to do while they're there. Carey did get the call to do the first tomb, which he took. But I didn't bother with pictures, since I've been there and done that all too often, and I assume everyone else has as well, or at least seen in countless legacies. He and Cara also got a bunch of Fed Ex quest calls, to find gems and metals to deliver to locals. Doing all that netted them around 3k above the cost of their trrip.

Profit!


Desmond will never forgive his crapsack parents for taking off on his birthday. Never!


"And your mother walked in on me while I was in bed with Maggie. She was furious! But, I thought we were broken up on account of her getting back together with Frederick Eames the night before. I mean, we weren't even romantic interests at that point. But I guess she was also kind of mad at Maggie for cheating on Dillon with me. Because your Mom and Dillon grew up in the orphanage together. So, anyway, after I took your mom to prom, I thought everything was cool; I was going steady with Cara and Maggie and Dillon were still an item. No more cheating for anyone. But Maggie never got over it, she totally flipped on me at our graduation party. Accused me of cheating on her, even though she was actually married to Dillon by then..."

Desmond does eventually learn to talk, when his dad lets him get a word in. Carey also roll a wish to potty train him, and he and Cara both want to see him age up well, s she gets to teach him to walk.


Fuff also ages up.


"The toilet seat is cold!"

You can feel that through your jeans?

Carey has been diligently working on a wish to upgrade 5 things. As soon as he finishes that sink, he and Cara work on her wish for another baby.

Like she's actually aware of what happened, Cara rolls a wish to quit her job right after the chimes. I let her fulfill that, since I was planning on changing her LTW from the CEO one and hoping she'd wish for a more interesting career. 


And Cara complies by wishing for three careers after she quits; to go back into busness (No), become a criminal, or become a gardener. We opt for the gardening career because it will be my first shot at self-employment in a wishacy. So, she heads of to City Hall the next morning to register in her dream job. (She also has a locked in wish to grow a Great tomato plant, currently in progress)

When she comes home, she uses the babysitter to fulfill her wish for 18 friends. I get a good look at him; he's an exact clone of Farrell Brannon (from my Brannon legacy). Except for the big pointy ears. After he's done here, I move him into the orphanage, hoping to see his genes pass on into DV. =)


Morvyn the dragon gets more attention in this house than he did in the previous one. Still, a rather disappointing bit of premium content he is. They didn't even give them a bed or perch, so Sims just drop him on the floor wherever and I have to move him out of the way in buy mode. 

Oh, and there's Cara's maternity outfit for pregnancy 2.

At some point in there, Cara does get to change her LTW. It's now the blogger one, to max social networking and have a 5 star blog. I wasn't sure she'd be able to do it, but thought it would be fun to see if she rolls the wishes to make it happen. So far, so good, she's got a locked in wish to improve the skill and to have 300 followers, so she gets to blog every time something blog-worthy happens to her. Mostly woohoo, as it turns out.



Carey is super-husband, constantly autonomously giving Cara amazing massages.

Carey is hoping for a girl, that wish is locked in. Car wanted a boy, but there wasn't the space to lock in  the wish. And *I* want a girl, too, so...yeah, not jinxing myself. Though, maybe by locking Carey's girl-wish, I *am* jinxing myself?  

Fuckin' jinxes, how do they work?


Since aging up, Fuff has only rolled one wish, to be BFFs with Cara, which he achieves through non-stop pestering for attention.


"You got your girl. I hope you're happy."

I will be if she has your hair and freckles, Cara.

The newest Lancaster is named Paisley. She's Clumsy and a Natural Cook. And she's already the frontrunner for heir.

In neighborhood news: Drustan aged up and married his girlfriend Krystal. Since she was a babysitter, I had to move her into the orphanage so she'd age up properly and all that.
Faelan and Yasmin had a baby, a boy I think.
Tamsyn is dating a pink-haired Herbert Kelly.
Van and Camille Pleasant-McCarthy had a baby as well. Hopefully with purple hair.




11 comments:

  1. cute. I can't remember the last time I traveled. My sims got stuck and I had to delete the save. :(

    Congrats on the girl. I hope she does get Cara's hair and freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how unfair! Cara rolling wishes to garden and all, when my crazy wishacy sim won't have anything to do with them, and his LTW is to have all those bloomin' plants! lol

    I loved Carey's conversation with Desmond! Poor Desmond, he may be scarred for life, learning more details about his parents' love life than he may have wanted to know!

    I agree with you about the dragons, they are quite a disappointment. The Kahekilis still have one or two kicking around that they pick up and mess with every once in a while, if the thing is not frozen anyway, lol

    Super husband Carey. <3 And yay for baby girl Paisley. I really like that name, and I've almost used it a time or two. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, so their Watcher was a little forgetful about fixing their routing issues... LOL

    Wow, Cara's maternity outfit was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, messed up the comment, here it is again

      Desmond will never forgive his crapsack parents for taking off on his birthday. Never!

      I can see a whole heap of trouble coming from Desmond now!!

      Delete
  5. Yay! another baby! I hope this one has blue hair too :)

    What an exciting trip to china! Not. I wish they didn't roll those wishes. That's the advantage of a 'wishacy', you can just pretend you didn't see that wish...

    I loved Carey teaching Desmond to talk. Really didn't let him get a word in there :p

    And I'm sorry, but Fuff is such a hilariously stupid name. It sounds too much like 'guff', which is a slang word for fart. I just pee myself everytime I see it. Hahaaaaaaaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Carey! He looks terrified in that first one! lol And yes! Serious might be an understatement about Shang Simla's routing problems. That is probably the prettiest destination IMO and yet it's a nightmare to play there. I always have to make one of the parks "No Visitors Allowed" Else I spend the entire time resetting sims stuck there so the game will behave.

    Woot for profit! Congrats!

    Poor Desmond! Lol! Parents abandon him on his birthday and then his dad comes home and completely unloads his romantic history! Way to scar him Carey! FYI- you'll be funding some therapists new pool one day. Way to go. And I stared at that babysitter for ages trying to place him. I had half decided you'd brought in a Brannon to replace someone's brother. That's pretty cool that he popped up as a teen NPC though.

    Can't wait to see how Paisley looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I haven't been to Shang Simla in a while and I just don't remember because I like to forget bad memories, but I don't remember having that much trouble there. Maybe I simply let all the stuck sims die. Maybe my townies there are boring and never do anything but hang out at their houses. Hm. Now I'm gonna have to send Brooke there to 'work' and see what happens.

    Pointy-eared Farrell is cute. :) I think Carey makes me think of Fergus, but that might be the hair. I think I've said that already. Ah well, you'll probably hear it again then. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of Desmond! Love it ;)
    Carey certainly has a way with words. I wonder if Desmond will remember all of that lesson.
    A clumsy natural cook.... hmmm... beware eggs and delicate serving platters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the girl! Blue hair would be nice! :)

    Hopefully Desmond is too young to remember everything his father told him about his love life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you are right. The tomb raiding aspect of World Adventures is fun to play, but once you've shown pictures of it in your story, it's kind of a been there done that deal. Paisley, nice name, she's front runner already? Oh cause you wanted a girl. At least you didn't manage to jinx yourself. =D

    ReplyDelete